Detect, Protect, Correct, Perfect
As part of Global AF Aware Week, AF Association promotes Detect, Protect, Correct, Perfect:
More information regarding AF Aware Week can be found here.
1. One in four people will develop AFib; it affects an estimated 33.5 million people worldwide.
2. Every 15 seconds someone suffers an AFib-related stroke. AFib is the most powerful single risk factor for suffering a deadly or debilitating stroke.
3. AFib can be detected cheaply and easily with simple manual pulse checks.
4. Treatment with an anticoagulant is vital to reducing the risk of stroke.
5. For AF Aware Week, make the detection and protection of AFib a priority.